The hand work in this wall mount tool rack really shows the character marks of the forging process. The ends have been split and scrolled for a traditional look. The edges of the iron have been distressed to give "age" to the piece. The bow front keeps your tools off of your wall and has a series of strong hand forged hooks for hanging the heirloom quality tools. Inset mounting holes for flathead screws keep the surface flat.
- The rack is 24 inches long, 6 inches at the tallest points and extends 9 inches out from the wall.
- The four piece tool set has a fire poker, hearth broom, ash shovel and fire tongs. The handles are braided in a soft brown suede giving the tools a very comfortable grip. The poker has a pike designed to push and pull your logs. The broom has a hand tied end that screws off and on for easy replacement when worn. The ash shovel is crafted from heavy stock and hand riveted on the corners and handle attachment. The fire tongs take a full day from raw stock to finished tool. The handles are made to be easy to grip and feel good in your hand. The joints are hand riveted for added strength as the tools flexes with the weight of burning logs. The business end is designed to grip and grab for easy shifting of logs in the fire. The tongs are finished in a lighter patina than the other tools because of wearing points on the metal.
- All tools are in shades of wood brown. They are sealed with several coats of hand buffed brown bees wax to preserve and protect the surface of the iron. Maintain with occasional polishing with a bees wax based furniture polish.
- The 4 tools are approximately 36 inches long.
- Price includes shipping and applicable charges.
*Hand forged by artist blacksmith Walter Howell on Sand Mountain. Crafted by skilled hands with pride of workmanship.
© Copyright Walter Howell 2017. All Rights Reserved.