This is not your standard utility room hanger. This durable piece of wall hardware is meant to stand out while preforming a much needed function. Grab and go storage solutions make life easier. It is most needed around doorways and entrances that are the first spaces visitors see. Artisan hardware gives you the best of both worlds. You have a strong hook that will hold a lot of weight if needed. The attention to detail draws the eye and enhances the space by bringing a little bit of nature indoors. The finish is a hand applied bronze, antiqued with subtle layers of mahogany patina. Our finishes are hand applied to make sure the character marks of the fire and hammer are the fingerprints of an original artisan piece.
- Inset mounting holes make this a fabric friendly hanger. Flathead screws are included. We recommend anchoring into a secure stud for maximum weight hanging capacity.
- This hand forged piece is approximately 9 inches long, 3 1/2 inches wide and has a 3 inch deep fishtail hook.
- The barrel of the hook features a traditional forged twist that adds graceful lines to the sharp edges of the iron.
- The hammer sculpted leaf hangs by a tapered vine that shows the technique of changing square stock to round and skillfully going from hardware to art. The video on our home page shows Walter forging one of these from raw stock to finished product. We hope you will take a few minutes to watch and enjoy.
- Care for your custom iron work by polishing occasionally with a bees wax based furniture polish. No abrasives or chemical cleaners.
- Price includes shipping and all other applicable charges.
*Hand forged by artisan blacksmith Walter Howell with pride of workmanship on Sand Mountain.
© Copyright Walter Howell 2017. All Rights Reserved.