Our top selling Fire Tool! The handle is very strong. It is braided with a soft suede material that feels very comfortable in your hand. Forged from strong solid iron stock, the pike, or business end of the poker is designed to push and pull your logs. The end is drawn and hammered back into itself. This process strengthens the iron. It is then slowly lowered while cherry red hot into a tub of cool water. This process is known as quenching. All of the processes work together to make tools that are of heirloom quality.
- We offer 4 stock sizes in this style but are glad to forge custom lengths to suit our clients needs. Let us know what would make your fire tending a little easier.
- If you aren't sure what size poker you need, here are a few pointers. You want your poker to reach just over half way across your pit or box. Add to that enough distance to keep your knuckles out of the heat and outside the fire box or fire pit edge. Be sure to consider room for hanging or storage of your tools. We highly recommend dry storage. Iron left to the elements will rust. Easy maintenance will preserve your investment for many seasons of use.
- 36 inch solid iron fire poker with a traditional twist in the barrel.
- Finish is a warm brown with protective coatings of brown bees wax.
- Maintain your iron work by polishing occasionally with a bees wax based furniture polish.
- Price includes shipping and all applicable charges.
- Shipping date for this made to order fire tool is 5 business days at this time.