Some folks just need the basics. In addition to the decorative line of artisan fire tools from Walters Forge we also have a standard line of quality tools. Forged from solid round iron stock they feature a small scroll handle that provides a comfortable grip. The pikes are drawn out and forged back into itself in a design that allows for pushing and pulling of logs in the fire. Pikes are then water tempered to strengthen the business end of this tool that is meant to be a work horse.
- It is finished in a warm brown patina that will darken with age and use. Care is as simple as occasional polishing with a bees wax based furniture polish. Should heavy rusting occur, clean with boiled linseed oil and apply a good coat of wax polish. We recommend dry storage when not in use.
- If you aren't sure what size poker you need, here are a few pointers. You want your poker to reach just over half way across your pit or box. Add to that enough distance to keep your knuckles out of the heat and outside the fire box or fire pit edge. Be sure to consider room for hanging or storage on your hearth.
- This listing is a 34 Inch fire poker.
- *Price includes shipping and all applicable charges.
- Shipping date for this made to order piece is 5 business days out at this time.
We do offer 4 stock sizes in this style of poker. Custom sizes can be ordered. Just send us your request and we will contact you to make sure we know exactly what your needs are and what you can expect from us.
*Hand forged by artisan blacksmith Walter Howell on Sand Mountain. Crafted by skilled hands with pride of workmanship in USA.
© Copyright Walter Howell 2017. All Rights Reserved.