For the serious grill master
Our Iron Vine pigtail Grill Fork in a longer length and a larger scroll handle for better grip. Walter added 8 inches to our standard fork and made the scroll larger in diameter for handling large proteins on the fire. At 27 inches it will keep your knuckles out of the heat.
The iron vine texture is created by pulling round stock through press rollers while red hot. As pieces are created natural bending and twisting of the original embossing creates a unique and ever changing pattern on the iron. Something as ordinary as rebar can be forged into a creative pattern. The finish is a warm brown.
We recommend you wash your fork after use with hot water using a scrub sponge or cloth, no abrasives. Wipe the tip with a VERY LIGHT coat of vegetable shortening or spray with pan spray and wipe with a paper towel. Store in a dry environment.
* The KingsFord advice on cooking the perfect steak
- Fire up the Grill - Steaks need High Heat. When coals are ready arrange them into two heat zones. Hot and Warm. Replace grate and allow it to heat up. All vents should be fully open. Pour cooking oil on a folded paper towel and oil the grate using tongs.
- Prep the Steaks - Remove from frig for around 30 minutes to bring to room temp. Trim excess fat to avoid flair ups and cut fat around outside edge to prevent curling. Liberally apply dry herbs of choice to both sides.
- Sear and Flip - Place steaks on hottest part of fire and sear for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and sear other side. Close lid to prevent flair ups.
- Move to warm side - After properly seared, move to warm area of grill to continue cooking until your preferred level of doneness. Turning and basting with an herb butter will produce a crisp flavorful crust.
- Let Rest - for 5 minutes. Temperatures will rise in the meat for about 5 minutes after removal from the heat as juices redistribute through the protein.
Grab the tater of your choice and Chow Down!
*Hand forged by artisan blacksmith Walter Howell on Sand Mountain. Crafted by skilled hands with pride of workmanship in USA.
© Copyright Walter Howell 2017. All Rights Reserved.